The HBZ team is proud to present that it have integrated HBZ inside the Helbiz application, making it one of the first cryptocurrencies directly integrated to power its own ecosystem of real products operating daily in the public space, interacting with ordinary citizens through fast moving micro transactions globally. This marks the beginning of the second phase of HBZ.
From now you are able to rent vehicles on the Helbiz platform with our ERC-20 token, $HBZ, and purchase it directly inside the app off the open market or if you hold $HBZ in your wallet or on an exchange you are able to deposit — both just with a few clicks and without leaving the App.
With the integration of HBZ any user of the Helbiz app can easily acquire HBZ coin from within the app, with every purchase being directly linked to the open market. As the Helbiz platform grow this will result in an increasing buy pressure and currently all tokens purchased, or deposited, will live inside the HBZ ecosystem, and future apps, but will not be able to be withdrawn or sold.
Together with Helbiz all users will be incentivized to use HBZ and will receive 50% off their trips at least until 1st of July. When Depositing HBZ
When Purchasing HBZ
- First, we take ownership of customers' HBZ tokens when they transfer them to their in-app wallet
- Then, our private network registers these deposits and credits the user's HBZ balance in the application.
- Finally, every HelbizGo scooter rental deducts from this balance until the customer has to acquire more HBZ
- First, we the customer select and pays directly in-app via Skrill for a specific number of HBZ coin with a live price
- The Helbiz application is directly connected to a cryptocurrency aggregator submitting a market order for the specific amount selected
- Finally, every HelbizGo scooter rental deducts from this balance until the customer has to acquire more HBZ.
It's important to note that we're not processing payments for EACH scooter rental on Ethereum, only the initial deposit of tokens. We are managing tokens this way because they are acting as in-app credits for this use case. More importantly, we avoid paying gas fees. Eventually, we'll process token payments on a private blockchain.